In 2010, TANN Corporation designed and installed new burners with preheated combustion air to reduce the customers energy consumption. The original burners were used in a curing oven for a continuous color coating line. It’s typical for coating lines to run oven temperatures anywhere from 450°F to 850°F. The original system was designed with a fixed combustion air volume using ambient temperature air. The new design utilizing preheated combustion air, saved the customer 1,800,000 Btu’s/hr. The variable combustion air saved an additional 240,000 Btu’s/hr while providing better burner control and flame stability. TANN provided a turnkey solution from the initial engineering study through system startup.
System Design Specifications:
- (8) Zone dryer operating at 450°F-850°F
- (8) new high temperature combustion blowers
- (8) new high temperature burners
- (8) new gas train assemblies
- Turnkey mechanical and electrical installation
- Skid mount preassembled design